Chief’s Son Distillery | Somerville, Mornington Peninsula
Job Types: Part-time, Casual. Every Saturday
Job Title: Tasting Room Sales Staff
We are a family-owned and operated, small-batch, craft producer located on the Mornington Peninsula, producing Award Winning Single Malt Whisky.
We have a unique opportunity for mature, well-presented individual who would like to work Saturdays with a great brand and the opportunity to be financially incentivised. We are seeking enthusiastic people to join our Tasting Room, offering both tasting and the chance to purchase; whilst telling our unique story.
- Must be available to work on Saturday, minimum of 6 hours. Potential for Sunday work for the right candidate.
- Hold a current RSA or willing to obtain one.
- Must be 18+
- Excellent customer service skills
- Love talking about craft produce, especially beverage
- Consistent attention to detail
- Be reliable and accountable
- Perform all direct retail sales with customers, with a focus on cultivating positive customer relationships
- Manage inventory of product on display and restock as needed throughout the day
- Understand the Square POS platform or willingness to learn
- Work cross-functionally with distillery teams to ensure efficient and effective communication and operations
- Clear, consistent communication
- Ability to work independently and within a team
Our team is small but courageous, and we deliver with unity – this is how we roll. We’re passionate about the craft spirit industry and are excited about our working day, which is always different. Our workplace is fun, and we keep things down-to-earth. We’re audacious and care enough to have the right conversations to get the best outcome with an efficient and pragmatic attitude. We’re a whisky “glass half full” (or full) people who see challenges as opportunities and move pace to achieve our goals. We taste whisky during the day, celebrate our successes, and always have a new idea or project in the pipeline.
How to apply
Applications must be in writing; please send us your resume along with a cover letter outlining your previous experience, attributes and why you would like to become a Chief.
Email – email@example.com
- Only successful applicants will be contacted
- Applications without a cover letter or resume will not be considered
- No Recruitment Agencies
We look forward to receiving your application.
The Chief’s Son Distillery Team.