Chief’s Son Distillery | Mornington Peninsula
The Chief’s Son business is experiencing rapid growth and is a prominent player in the craft spirit whisky category. We are searching for the right dynamic individual to join us for the next part of our exciting whisky journey.
Could this be you?
Based on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula in Somerville, our working environment is unique. We celebrate this daily. At Chief’s Son, we craft Australian Made Award Winning Single Malt Whisky. So, having a passion and respect for craft production and products is essential.
An integral part of the position is supporting and developing sales strategies for our established and respected Accounts for both On and Off-Premise customers. Your challenge and paramount to the role’s success is the sustainable growth of the business; We are looking for an individual who can demonstrate their ability to deliver revenue growth Nationally; on or above targets across the Chief’s Son Portfolio is key. Along with developing and executing a sales strategy, promotion and opening new accounts.
This role has the support of a marketing and events team. It is integral that the successful applicant embraces and works in unison with marketing to develop fully integrated sales and marketing strategy, along with effective marketplace activation.
- Drive revenue growth through range extension, promotion, open new accounts
- Work with relevant stakeholders to develop, communicate and execute the On and Off-premise strategy
- Develop, negotiate and execute business plans with key customers
- Establish strong relationships with customer key stakeholders and accounts to identify new business opportunities
- Work alongside the Marketing Manager to develop National sales, marketing and event activation
- Range extension of the Chief’s Son portfolio across National customers & independent accounts
- Identify new opportunities for growth, resource effectively and monitor progress against commercial targets
- Forecast volume, sales and gross profit over the budget/forecast period for existing and new products
- Daily sales calls and negotiation with store owners and managers
- Monthly call cycle
- Pipeline management and CRM reporting
- Available for weekend work
- Must have own car and full driver’s license
We are searching for an industry sales professional who has extensive experience working in the beverage sector for both On and Off-premise. You will understand the importance of connection, relationships and confidence to deliver in a fast-paced environment. You’ll be able to hit the ground running and be excited to talk all things whisky; Especially selling whisky.
- A passion for distilled spirits and the industry
- Entrepreneurial approach to business development
- Extensive account management experience
- Whilst we are a very tight-knit team, the traits inherently required for doing this role mean that our team members must be strongly self-motivated and driven
- Ideally, existing solid relationships with key accounts, independents and hospitality networks
- Established relationships with a diverse range of customers, inner-city small bars, top-end restaurants, cafes, and all types of retail
- Superb stakeholder management experience and brilliant at building relationships
- Ability to manage multiple budgets
- Commercially astute and able to identify opportunities that link to business strategy
- Strong strategic planning skills to develop initiatives (sales drivers) to achieve targeted results
- People leadership experience and adept at building a motivated high performing team
- Have a persuasive and credible presentation style
- An innovator with the ability to think creatively
- High-level computer and organisational skills
- Social media savvy
- Sense of humour
- RSA for both VIC & NSW (or can be obtained)
Our team is small but courageous, and we deliver with unity – this is how we roll. We’re passionate about the craft spirit industry and are excited about our working day, which is always different. Our workplace is fun, and we keep things down-to-earth. We’re audacious and care enough to have the right conversations to get the best outcome with an efficient and pragmatic attitude. We’re a whisky “glass half full” (or full) people who see challenges as opportunities and move pace to achieve our goals. We taste whisky during the day, celebrate our successes, and always have a new idea or project in the pipeline.
How to apply
We will be continually reviewing applications. This position is a once in a lifetime opportunity, so if you have the experience, capability, passion and want to be part of something big, please apply. Applications must be in writing; please send us your resume along with a cover letter outlining your previous experience, attributes and why you would like to become a Chief.
Take the time to explore our website, social media and YouTube to see what makes us tick.
- Only successful applicants will be contacted
- Applications without a cover letter or resume will not be considered
- No Recruitment Agencies
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
We look forward to receiving your application.
The Chief’s Son Distillery Team.