We are a family-owned and operated, small-batch, craft producer located on the Mornington Peninsula. Part of our strategy and to grow brand awareness is to have a presence at high-end producers’ markets, predominately on the Mornington Peninsula and some inner-city locations. Once people try our product, the buying happens.
We have a unique opportunity for mature, well-presented individuals who would like to work weekends with a great brand and the opportunity to be financially incentivised. We are seeking enthusiastic people to join our offsite market team. On market day, we offer both tasting and the chance to purchase; whilst telling our unique story.
These positions are responsible for collecting stock from our Peninsula-based warehouse, set-up (pack down), customer relations and direct sales, inventory recordkeeping, and promotion of our brand. The market season commences in October and runs through to April, with a potential market on Saturday and Sunday and in different Peninsula or city locations. There will base rate, along with a commission payment calculated on a percentage of total sales.
- Must be available for weekends from October to April.
- Hold a current RSA or willing to obtain one.
- Must be 18+
- Excellent customer service skills
- Love talking about craft produce, especially beverage
- Consistent attention to detail
- Be reliable and accountable to each market date
- Have a vehicle and the capacity to hold stock, marquee, trestle tables, display items etc
- Be at the market by setting up times
- Set up and bump out of the marquee, tables, displays in a timely and organised manner
- Perform all direct retail sales with customers, with a focus on cultivating positive customer relationships
- Manage inventory of product on display and restock as needed throughout the market day
- Understand the Square POS platform or willingness to learn
- Drop off excess stock to the warehouse or restock
- Work cross-functionally with market teams to ensure efficient and effective communication and operations
- Ability to give direction and act in the lead role when necessary
- Clear, consistent communication
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Flexible, creative, and able to perform well in diverse conditions and under pressure
- For the right candidate, there is potential for long term work at the cellar door
- Please include a cover letter stating your interests and skills.
We look forward to receiving your application.
The Chief’s Son Distillery