Chief’s Son Distillery is a vibrant, family-owned and operated, small batch, single malt whisky distillery located on Australia’s beautiful Mornington Peninsula. Purpose built from the ground up this urban distillery, is an authentic craft house, focus solely on creating complex, smooth and full flavoured Single Malt Whiskies.
We also pride ourselves on Chief’s Son Whiskies being truly handmade, our unique location and the ability to forge long-lasting connections through our Whisky.
We are looking for casual team members to join the Chief’s Son Team. You must be enthusiastic, a natural storyteller, customer service superstar with a dynamic personality—a keen interest in whisky or craft spirits would be an advantage. A willingness to learn and being a team player are also essentials.
Key Responsibilities & Attributes
- A vibrant, yet balanced person with a high standard of presentation
- Confident with communicating the Chief’s Son Distillery story and education for our Single Malt Whisky Range and distilling process
- A passion for all things Whisky or craft spirits and bonus points if you love Single Malt Whisky
- Responsible and comfortable with opening and closing of the distillery door
- Complying with liquor license regulations and COVID restrictions
- Adhere to the Responsible Service of Alcohol legislation
- Manage stock, day to day transactions and float counts accurately
- Housekeeping of the distillery door
The Successful Applicant Must Possess
- A current VIC RSA Certificate or are willing to action
- Strong communication and public speaking skills
- Some knowledge about distilled spirits, including Single Malt Whisky
- Must be available for weekends, Christmas trading and external events, when they arise
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in hospitality with excellent customer service skills
- Must be an Australian citizen or have a valid working or resident visa
- Driver’s license
We are a close-knit team, that is genuinely passionate about our industry, and this is a terrific opportunity to join a family-owned company that is growing fast, with plenty of development opportunities for the right person. Weekend and Christmas trading availability is essential, and there will be ongoing training provided to the successful applicant/applicants.
Call us old fashioned, but we love connecting through words, so send us your resume along with a cover letter and a story of why you would be a great addition to the Chief’s Son team. Most important show us your personality.
- Applications close on Monday 19th of October.
- Only successful applicants will be contacted.
- Applications without a cover letter or that are submitted via social media will not be considered.
- Initial interviews are likely to be via Zoom, and commencement date will be subject to COVID restrictions and our ability to re-open.
- To apply please send to Natalie firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your application.
The Chief’s Son Distillery